At Summit of the Americas, leaders discuss ways to revive economies, preserve trade, and prevent fallout from worldwide financial crisis from boosting poverty rates
Roxana Saberi sentenced on charges of spying for US; Washington rejects espionage charges as 'baseless'
State Department spokesman says US will boycott conference 'with regret' because of objectionable language in meeting's draft declaration
US president to request heads of government agencies, departments to draw up budget plans cutting wasteful, ineffective spending
Richard Holbrooke speaks following international donors' conference in Japan that raised $5 billion to help Pakistan rebuild its economy, confront militant groups
- Somali Pirates Seize Belgian Ship off Horn of Africa
- US Envoy: Obama Committed to Two-State Solution in Middle East
- Somalia Parliament Endorses Islamic Law
- Rwanda Looking for Legal and Political Solution to Nkunda Case
- Indian Elections Feature Fight Between Youth, Experience
- Nigerian Government's Handling of Bribery Scandal Roundly Criticized
- G8 Agriculture Ministers Try to Avert World Food Crisis
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez plans to send a new ambassador to the US, seven months after a diplomatic crisis.
Three people die in a suspected US missile strike in north-western Pakistan, say local security officials.
Some 200 million Orthodox Christians are celebrating Easter around the world, many in traditional candle-lit services.