Police say the attack began with a suicide car bombing on a road near the offices of Anbar's governor, Qassim Mohammed al-FahdawiFull story »
More Top News
- Iranian Conservatives Hold Mass Pro-Government Rallies
- Obama: 'Systemic Failure' Permitted Foiled Airline Attack
- Afghan Investigation: Foreign Troops Killed School Children
- S. Korean Supporters Praise US Activist Detained in North Korea
- Upbeat US Economic Data Reported
- Iranian Cleric Calls Opposition 'Enemies of God'
- Afghanistan Determined to Hold May Parliamentary Elections
- Airliner Attack Reminder of Long Struggle Against Terrorism
- Airline Bombing Suspect Spent Months in Yemen in 2009
- Iran Denounces Western Criticism of Protest Crackdown
- Iranian Parliament Speaker Lashes Out at West, as Crackdown Widens
The US knew of "a Nigerian" in Yemen being prepared for a terrorist attack - weeks before a failed bombing on a US plane.
Iraqi governor hit in twin blasts
More than 20 people die in two suicide blasts in the Iraqi city of Ramadi, with the provincial governor wounded.
Homes burn in west Australia fire
A disaster is declared as fires raze dozens of homes in farming areas north of Perth, the capital of Western Australia.
|By KYI WAI|
|Soldiers selling their army equipment and working in illegal businesses to make ends meet: it's all part of life in the Burmese military.|
|By SAW YAN NAING|
| The Kachin Independence Organization and the Burmese junta will continue talks over the border guard force issue. |
|By LAWI WENG|
| Burma has agreed to accept 9,000 of the 28,000 Rohingya refugees living in camps in Bangladesh. |
|By MIN LWIN|
| Despite the participation of several main players from Burma's IT sector, a recent exhibition failed to attract many browsers. |
|By WAI MOE|
| Military-ruled Burma is one of 22 countries in the world that is at very high risk of social unrest in the coming year, according to The Economist. |
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|A Burmese court has postponed the case against Nyi Nyi Aung, the detained Burmese-born American citizen, to Jan.1|
Democratic Party starts poll work Women members of the Democratic Party (DP) have begun organizational work for ...
Fresh attack on KNU likely
A bomb blast at Karen New Year celebrations in Papun town on December 16 was ...
NLD keen on holding CEC plenary meet
The National League for Democracy party is keen on holding its CEC plenary meeting with ...
| Fresh blood for a new decade|
| Authorities demand data on opposition party|
Dec 30, 2009 (DVB)–Opposition party members in Burma are being forced to divulge personal details about their families and jobs to intelligence officers, reportedly on instruction from senior government. - more