Congress Requires Each President to Release Nuclear PlansFull story »
More Top News
- Lawmakers Say Karzai Threatened to Join Taliban
- West Virginia Coal Mine Explosion Kills 12
- Rescuers Find 5 Bodies in China Coal Mine After 115 Rescued
- Suicide Attacks Kill 45 in Pakistan
- New Suicide Bomb Attacks Hit Russia's North Caucasus
- Mekong Leaders Agree to Improve Cooperation on River
- Tiger Woods Meets Media Ahead of Masters Tournament
- Obama Reported Pressing to Slow Congressional Push for Iran Sanctions
- Schools Officially Reopen in Earthquake-Ravaged Haiti
- US Pressures Cuba After Hunger Strike Death
- South Korea Sends Warship After Hijacked Oil Tanker
06/04/2010 : Seven members of an army engineers unit were wounded by a roadside bomb blast in Yala’s Thanto district on Monday afternoon, and four were in critical condition, Yala police said.
|By ALBERTO TURLON|
|When China again defended the Burmese regime at last month's United Nations Security Council discussion of the junta's controversial election laws it should have considered the bilateral and international implications.|
|By JOCELYN GECKER|
|Thousands of anti-government demonstrators clash with Thai police and military troops trying to prevent them from leaving from Bangkok's commercial district.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Burmese Prime Minister Gen Thein Sein may leave his current post to head the political wing of the government-backed Union Solidarity and Development Association.|
|By CHRIS BRUMMITT,Associated Press Writer|
|It plays out like any ordinary chat between friends on Yahoo Messenger, but the subject matter is chilling: "thekiller" is looking to mesh his Indonesian militant network more deeply with al-Qaida in its Pakistani heartland.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Members of the National League for Democracy will continue “the democratic struggle” after the party's expected dissolution on May 7.|
|By WAI MOE|
|Burmese Prime Minister Gen Thein Sein will attend the 16th Asean Summit in Hanoi this week, in which Burma’s upcoming election is expected to be a controversial topic.|
Highway bus operators will be suspended or lose their license if they do not stop ...
Junta’s ultimatum to ceasefire groups on BGF
Three ethnic armed ceasefire groups have been issued a fresh deadline by ...
US to renew bid for thaw in relations
A senior American diplomat is expected to visit Burma in the near future to try ...NLD to plunge itself headlong into social work
On the heels of its decision not to register with the Election Commission (EC) ...