Shah Mehmood Qureshi told reporters his American counterpart would be visiting for second session of their US-Pakistan DialogueFull story »
More Top News
- UN Secretary-General: Afghan Violence Up Significantly
- Insurgents Attack Yemeni Government Security Headquarters in Aden
- Turkey Troops, Kurdish Rebels Clash Near Iraq Border
- BP Forced to Shut Down Oil Containment System
- Obama Criticizes Republicans in Congress
- UN Chief Launches Aid Appeal for Kyrgyzstan
- Group of Ministers in India Reexamines Issues Related to Bhopal Gas Leak
- The Netherlands Beats Japan 1-0 at World Cup
- Poll: Brazilians Most Confident About World Cup Victory
| Aung San Suu Kyi is more beloved than ever among ordinary Burmese and the world views her as one of the great heroes of our time. |
|By LALIT K JHA|
|World leaders and Nobel laureates mark the birthday of Aung San Suu Kyi by calling for the release of all political prisoners in Burma and urging genuine democratic reforms.|
|By WAI MOE|
|Aung San Suu Kyi may have spent her 65th birthday cut off from the outside world, but for her supporters, she remains a potent presence in Burma's politics.|
|By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS|
|Burma has sent a letter to the U.N. nuclear agency insisting it has no current or future plan to develop a nuclear program in the isolated country's second denial this month after reports emerged it may be seeking an atomic weapon.|
|By ALEX ELLGEE|
|The target of the latest cyber-attack is a Web site that provides an outlet for members of the Burmese military who are dissatisfied with the country's ruling junta.|
|By WILLIAM BOOT|
|The South Korean government is promoting greater involvement in exploration and production of gas in Burma by Korean companies.|
UN working group condemns Suu Kyi’s detention
Opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi’s international legal representative, ...Burmese tycoon brokered arms deal with China
Burma’s richest business tycoon and close ally of despotic ruler Senior General ...
Karen-junta troop clashes become online hit
Footage of clashes between Karen rebels and the Burmese Army posted on You Tube ...
Ban Ki-moon called Burma gas pipeline a ‘win-win’
Mizzima has learned that while serving as Korea’s foreign minister, UN secretary- ...
Than Shwe tells military to aid junta’s favoured party
Senior General Than Shwe recently told regional military commanders at their ...