Leaders meeting in Toronto agree world's most advanced industrialized countries should reduce budget deficits by half within three yearsFull story » | Listen
More Top News
- 8 Civilians Killed in Roadside Bombing in Afghanistan
- Kyrgyz Citizens Overwhelmingly Approve New Constitution
- North Korea Vows to Boost Nuclear Deterrent
- Protests Turn Violent at G20 Summit in Toronto
- Kyrgyzstan Adopts New Constitution
- New US Commander, But Old Questions About Afghan War
- Palestinians in Lebanon Demand More Rights
- US, South Korea Postpone Transfer of Wartime Force Control
- Family of Captive Israeli Soldier Marches for Prisoner Swap
- Iranian Oil Exports Fall by a Quarter During Past Fiscal Year
|By ZARNI MANN|
|Burma's military junta is instructing public servants not to answer media questions related to the drought-stricken Inle Lake.|
|By SAW YAN NAING|
|The DKBA commander marks a ceremony to honor fallen DKBA comrades by declaring he wants an end to warfare between Karen.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Supporters of Burma Campaign UK have written to the European Commission calling for funding of cross-border aid to Burmese refugees.|
|By BA KAUNG|
|Burmese media has been given minimum space for election related news recently, but starting next month the space will likely be further restricted by new censorship rules.|
One of China’s biggest arms makers signed a contract with a Burmese junta-controlled ...
No big policy shifts from new Australian PM, activists say
Burmese activists in Australia are not expecting any big foreign policy shifts on Burma, ...
Starting trade union unlawful, police say
Aspiring trade unionists had their request to form a national industrial and farm workers ...
31 Rohingya make day 10 of hunger strike in Australia
Thirty-one Rohingya refugees in a detention centre in Darwin, Australia are entering ...