On the heels of naval maneuvers with South Korea, US will hold joint exercises with Japan nextFull story » | Comment
- Swedish High Court Upholds Arrest Warrant for WikiLeaks Founder
- Clinton Hails 'Bold Endeavor' of Kyrgyz Democracy
- Latest WikiLeaks Post Shows Dim US View of Russia
- India Denies Visa to Former Pakistan President
- China Reasserts Displeasure about Nobel Peace Prize
- Obama, Colin Powell Urge New START Approval
- Clinton Says Leaks Will Not Impede US Diplomacy
- US Army Private, Missing Australian at Center of WikiLeaks Controversy
- S. Korean Spy Chief: N. Korea Likely to Attack Again
Bidders for the 2018 World Cup make their final presentations as Fifa decides which nations will host the 2018 and 2022 competitions. Sport
|By BA KAUNG|
|Burma might be working for Beijing as a spy within Asean, according to a US cable leak attributed to Singapore's Minister Mentor, Lee Kuan Yew.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|HIV/AIDS Patients meet Suu Kyi on World AIDS Day|
|By KO HTWE|
|A vital trade link between China and Kachin State has been closed in a further move in the Burmese regime's campaign to pressure ceasefire groups to join the border guard force.|
|By LAWI WENG|
|The KNU's vice chairman calls on Burma's government forces to withdraw from KNU-controlled areas to prevent further bloodshed.|
|By SIMON ROUGHNEEN|
|The United States Embassy in Bangkok sought the direct intervention of President Barack Obama as frustration grew over the Viktor Bout extradition case, according to two diplomatic cables released by Wikileaks.|
|By PANYAPAT PIYATHAMSAWAT|
|Suspects arrested in Spain and Thailand in connection with an international ring that provided forged passports to terrorists may have passed fake documents to the perpetrators of the 2004 Madrid bombings.|
(Interview)- Pro-democracy leader and Nobel Peace laureate Aung San Suu Kyi talked of a need for ...
‘This disease is atonement suffered for my past sins’
Aids sufferer Ma Phyu had no idea about the condition until she was diagnosed but has reached a level of ...
NLD-run HIV treatment centre ‘is like my home’
HIV/Aids patients who junta officials recently threatened to evict from an NLD-backed Salvation Centre ...
NLD urges junta to seek national reconciliation
The opposition National League for Democracy, led by Aung San Suu Kyi, today repeated its call for ...