US Defense Secretary Robert Gates wrapped up his four day visit with a tour of the nation's nuclear command centerFull story » | Comment
- Suicide Bomber Kills 4 in Afghan Capital
- Arizona Shootings Impact Obama State of the Union Address
- Obama to Speak at Arizona Memorial Service
- Tucson, Arizona in Shock and Sorrow Following Mass Shooting
- Clinton Backs Yemeni Efforts Against al-Qaida
- Biden: US Will Stay in Afghanistan as Long as Afghans Want Help
- Chinese Leaders Surprised by Fighter Test During Gates Visit
- Iran’s Spy Chief Denounces Alleged Israeli Plot Against Nuclear Scientists
- US: Sudan Could be Removed from Terror List This Year
- Rights Group says 35 Dead in Tunisia Protests
- Lessons of 1974 flood
- Australian food prices 'to rise'
- In pictures: Floods reach Brisbane
- Life with brown waves and sharks
|Plans to build a massive new port and special economic zone in Tavoy, or Dawei, in southern Burma will likely come at an enormous cost to local people and the environment, say experts.|
|By SAI ZOM HSENG|
|The Burmese army is forcing prison inmates to act as porters and human minesweepers on the front line in Karen State, according to a Thailand-based human rights group.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|China National Petroleum Corporation has drawn up an agreement with Qingdao Port to build and operate a wharf on Burma's western coastline to transfer oil and gas to Yunnan.|
|By ZARNI MANN|
|The UN's refugee agency will interview 34 Burmese rebels who have been detained in India for more than 12 years.|
|By YAN PAI|
|The IGE Group of Companies, owned by the sons of Burma's Minister of Industry 1 Aung Thaung, has obtained the permit to manage the natural gas pipelines.|
|By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS|
|Thailand's Cabinet approves a package of social welfare measures that was slammed by critics as populist handouts designed to woo voters ahead of elections that must be called by the end of the year.|
|By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS|
|Vietnam's ruling communists open their party congress to pick new leaders and set the country's direction for the next five years.|
The enactment of a military draft law, making most adult Burmese subject to serve in the armed forces, ...
Company seeking to build hotel for football fans sues residents
The Shwe Nagar Min Company has sued four Monywa South Ward residents in Sagaing Division ...
The People's Military Service Law of the SPDC
As every citizen is under a duty to safeguard the independence, sovereignty and the territorial integrity of the Union of Myanmar, ...
Rubber plantations expanding in Mon State
Rubber plantations in Mon State could increase by 500 percent in 22 years, according to ...
US donates $1.5 million in aid to Cyclone Giri victims
US embassy officials in Rangoon said on Tuesday that the US government will donate US$1.5 million ...