Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki delivers ultimatum on Iranian state televisionFull story »
More Top News
- Obama Links Christmas Day Terrorist Attempt to al-Qaida
- Yemen: Foreign Terrorists Will Not be Tolerated
- Afghan Lawmakers Reject Former Warlord Nominated for Cabinet
- Death Toll at 95 in Pakistan Volleyball Bombing
- British Ship Seized by Somali Pirates
- Israeli Warplanes Strike Gaza
- Reports: Taliban Suicide Bombing Hit CIA Nerve Center
- Iran Opposition Leader Mousavi Not Afraid to Die for Reform
- Iraq to Appeal Dismissal of Charges Against US Security Guards
- Petraeus: Airline Bomb Plot Had Roots in Yemen
- Britain Seeks to Counter Extremism in Yemen
A Somali man denies trying to kill the Danish cartoonist whose drawing of the Prophet Muhammad sparked uproar.
Afghan MPs reject Karzai names
Afghan MPs reject more than half of President Hamid Karzai's 24 nominees for his new cabinet, including a former warlord.
Teen depression 'linked to sleep'
Rescue workers retrieve three bodies from the wreck of a car struck by a train, as authorities appealed to parents to help restrain young and reckless motorcyclists.
Citizens should share the same goal of progress, says Mr Abhisit, and stop support anti-government demonstrators trying to hold the nation hostage.
Vietnam is taking over from Thailand as chairman of Asean, and appears determined to carry outr the plan to turn the group into a community as planned, by 2015.
An expert warns that picking berries in Finland and Sweden is no picnic, and often is just a scam that cheats trusting villagers from the Northeast.
Bright lights amid the gloom
The year 2009 was a tough year, with social divisions, street protests, southern violence, border disputes and economic doldrums appearing in the news on an almost daily basis.