Expectations are rising that the military soon will use force to clear the protesters, who have occupied a commercial area for weeksFull story » | Comment
More Top News
- Blasts in Iraq Kill 15
- US Envoy Launches New Mideast Peace Mission
- Deposed Kyrgyz Leader Vows Not to Return
- Iran: First Day of War Games a Success
- Airlines Struggle to Clear Passenger Backlog Caused by Volcano
- Pentagon: Iran Military Exercises 'Somewhat Routine'
- NATO Chief: Missile Defense Needed Against Irrational Players
- Obama to Wall Street: Do not Fight Financial Reform
- 3 Dead in Bangkok Protests, More Than 70 Wounded
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Makes Critical Step Toward NATO
- World Marks 40th Anniversary of Earth Day
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Security tightens in the area under control of Napyidaw Command and trips by regional commanders and divisional commanders to Burma's capital are now restricted.|
|By LAWI WENG|
|The NMSP announce that they will not form a military alliance with the Burmese government, and will defend themselves if attacked.|
|By KYAW THEIN KHA|
|The pro-junta USDA and NUP contravene Article 5 (f) of the Party Registration Law by actively recruiting members.|
|By LALIT K. JHA|
|A US Congressman makes an open appeal for “patriots” in the Burmese military to join pro-democracy advocates and ethnic fighters to overthrow the military junta.|
|By SIMON ROUGHNEEN|
|The rulers of Burma and Sudan face many similar issues in dealing with domestic and international relations.|
Kachin Independence Organisation has warned the Burmese junta against using military ...
Khin Maung Swe may run solo after May 6
Fissures in the National League for Democracy have deepened over the re-registration issue, ...
KIO repeats ‘No’ to border force offer
Kachin Independence Organisation passed a junta deadline today and reaffirmed ...Chin Progressive Party not to waste poll advantage
An ethnic Chin political party, which is to register with the Election Commission today, ...