Parliament session also involved physical confrontations between lawmakersFull story »
More Top News
- Bashir Announced Winner of Sudan Election
- Manuel Noriega Hears Charges in Paris Court
- Thai Government Open to New Talks
- SE Asia Worries Thailand's Unrest Could Spread
- Libyan Leader Says Libya Should be Rewarded for Giving Up Nuclear Arms
- Ahmadinejad Trip Tempts African Trade Hopes
- Taliban Commander, Advisers Killed in NATO Air Strike in Afghanistan
- American Apparel Companies Interested in Investing in Haiti
- Officials: US Drone Strike Kills 5 Militants in NW Pakistan
- Anti-Government Protests Spread to Thai Provinces
- Financial Overhaul Legislation Fails in Senate Test Vote
|By SIMON ROUGHNEEN|
|Backed by 160 NGOs, unions and policy figures, the Earthrights International releases a statement urging energy companies in Burma to publish “all payments made to the Burmese authorities since 1992.”|
|By WAI MOE|
|Sources say the Burmese PM is retiring from the military to head a new political party—part of Than Shwe's master plan for entrenching military rule.|
|By AUNG THET WINE|
|Two private planes reserved for Burma's junta chief Snr-Gen Than Shwe and four top generals are named “White Elephants.”|
|By SIMON ROUGHNEEN|
|European Union foreign ministers have renewed the bloc's “Common Position” on Burma, extending existing sanctions until April 2011.|
|By CHRIS BLAKE|
|The flood of cheap products has poured into Indonesia under a free-trade agreement between China and Asean countries. Some industries are calling on the government to save their businesses from collapse.|
International pressure is mounting on multinational oil and gas companies operating ...
Senator seeks Burmese perspective on US policy
Burmese activists and community leaders in the United States have urged US Senator ...
Asia World doubles tolls on road to Bassein
Junta crony firm Asia World has without notice, since the Buddhist New Year, ...
Please don't prevent the hearse crossing your ward.
(Interview) Kyaw Thu, actor turned founder of free funeral service, has been honoured with ...