The attack has been blamed on North Korea and the US Secretary of State is calling for a 'strong but measured response'Full story »
More Top News
- BP Admits 'Fundamental Mistake'
- Ethiopia Opposition Leader Calls for New Vote
- BP Tries Again To Seal Oil Leak as Memorial Service Held for Oil Workers
- US-China Talks Wrap Up in Beijing
- Dow Index Slides Briefly Below 10,000 Points
- Iran Threatens to Reconsider Nuclear Plan
- Clinton: Iran Fuel Swap Deal Has 'Deficiencies'
- Republicans Expect Gains In US November Election
- EU: Ethiopian Election Unbalanced
- Niger's Military Government Opens Fight Against Corruption
- Israeli Police Question Former PM on Bribery Scandal
|By KYAW THEIN KHA|
|The Union Solidarity and Development Party (USDP) campaigns for votes and passes out “incentives” in townships and villages in Northern Shan State.|
|By SAW YAN NAING|
|A seminar attended by more than 100 representatives of 37 Karen organizations has called for a UN investigation of crimes committed by Burmese government troops.|
|By NA YEE LIN LATT|
|The power cuts that plague Rangoon are also causing interruptions or overloading of land line communications.|
|By BA KAUNG|
|Saw Wai, the Burmese poet who received a two-year sentence in 2008 for mocking regime chief Snr-Gen Than Shwe, was released on Wednesday after spending 28 months in jail.|
|By LALIT K. JHA|
|US Sen. Jim Webb will once again meet with junta officials, less than one month after the visit of US Assistant Secretary of State Kurt Campbell.|
|By DENIS D. GRAY|
|Thousands of residents gather at dawn to pray for peace at sites across Bangkok after two months of the worst political violence in Thailand's modern history.|
Brief biographies of the some NLD CEC members
(Research) Win Myint represented the NLD and competed in the 1990 general election ...
US senator to revisit Burma
US Senator Jim Webb is to pay his second visit to military-ruled Burma during a tour of ...
Monks and students urge poll boycott
Clandestine monk and student organisations yesterday urged the people of Burma ...
70 youths held over dam blasts, Kachin group says
More than 70 youth activists have been arrested in a two-day sweep by authorities ...
Full renovation for Mingalar Market
Fire-ravaged Mingalar Market, gutted by an almost two-day blaze, will be renovated and ...