Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao says it is urgent to defuse tension on the Korean peninsula related to the Cheonan sinkingFull story »
More Top News
- Humanitarian Ships Continue Journey to Gaza Strip; Israel to Block
- BP Will Try New Option to Plug Oil Leak After Top-Kill Failure
- Death Toll Reaches 140 in India Train Wreck Blamed on Maoists
- Colombia Votes for New President
- BP Announces Failure of "Top Kill" Attempt to Stop Oil Spill
- Taliban Fighters Seize District in Eastern Afghanistan
- Report: US Preparing for Retaliatory Strike if Terror Attack Traced to Pakistan
- Weary Czechs Vote Amid Economic Concerns
- Palestinian Aid Flotilla Getting Set to Approach Gaza
|By ERIC TALMADGE|
|Thai security forces step up their efforts to monitor leaders of the Redshirt movement, as former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra continues to deny charges of terrorism.|
|By HTET AUNG|
|US Sen Jim Webb will start his second three-day visit to Burma on June 4. If he meets with Snr-Gen Than Shwe, the junta-chief will be casting for election legitimacy and the removal of sanctions.|
|By BA KAUNG|
|Burma's Election Commission has warned parties that they face abolition if they fail to present lists showing they meet minimum membership requirements within 90 days.|
|By WILLIAM BOOT|
|The European Union (EU) has asked the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) to continue dismantling trade barriers and avoid petty national protectionism.|
|By JEAN H. LEE|
|Young, inexperienced and virtually unknown even at home, Kim Jong Un needs at least a few political victories under his belt if he is to succeed his father as leader of communist North Korea.|
|By WAI MOE|
|Burma's military junta reportedly decided at its four-monthly meeting to reshuffle its regional military commanders and other senior military posts.|
Swiss-American firm Transocean, presently embroiled in the BP Gulf of Mexico disaster, did exploratory ...
Mon leaders resign after decades of struggle
Three top leaders of the New Mon State Party, which has rejected the junta’s ...
Car-accident refugees US-bound
Eleven Burmese refugees injured in a car accident while they were travelling to ...
Sino-US visits’ motives in question
For Burma, neighbours China, India and the Asean bloc are as important as America ...
Migrant workers vote in ‘People’s Ballot’ campaign
Burmese migrant workers in Mae Sot, Thailand voted in the “People’s Ballot” campaign ...