A VOA reporter in Gaza quoted a survivor as saying the divers were not on any kind of mission but only doing some training in the seaFull story »
More Top News
- IAEA Chief: Iran's Nuclear Program is 'Special Case'
- Coast Guard: 11,000 Barrels of Oil Captured in Gulf in 24 Hours
- Biden, Mubarak Discuss Middle East Talks
- Indian Court Convicts 8 in Bhopal Industrial Disaster
- North Korea Leadership Shuffle
- Australia Targets Overseas Child Sex Tourists
- New British Ads Promote Muslim Professionals in UK
- UNICEF Pressing to End Recruitment of Child Soldiers in Central Africa
- US Spill Cleanup Official: BP Making Progress
|"I love my uniform. But I feel shameful to wear the uniform in front of civilians. There is no more honor to be a soldier in Burma."|
|An hour-long documentary film on Burma's nuclear ambitions and tunnel-building program has reawakened alarm throughout the region about the Burmese regime's military relationship with North Korea.|
|By SAW YAN NAING|
|The Burmese junta's apparent intent to develop a nuclear weapons program is a tragic waste of badly needed money which should be used for the welfare of the people, say opposition political leaders.|
|By WAI MOE|
|The Burmese junta is expected to allow some regime-friendly publishers to issue daily newspapers in its latest public relations offensive.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Burma's Union Solidarity and Development Association, the junta-backed social organization, has began dismantling its branch office signs in several Rangoon's townships.|
|By LAWI WENG|
|The junta-backed Union Solidarity and Development Association is criticizing links between the Kachin State Progressive Party and the Kachin Independence Organization.|
|By BA KAUNG|
|The Asean secretary-general says Burma has “not signaled” that it wants regional help in holding its general election.|
Four people have been arrested on suspicion of masterminding the armed robbery ...
Most trafficking victims in Thailand ‘are Burmese’
Burmese workers rank the highest in numbers of human-trafficking victims in Thailand, ...
Public interest in polls dims: political parties
The Burmese people are losing interest in politics, according to parties approved by ...