Officials fear a resumption of violent anti-government protestsFull story »
More Top News
- Obama, Netanyahu to Hold First Talks Since March
- Manufacturers in China Search for the Next Low-Cost Base
- Protesters Demand End to UN Probe into Sri Lankan War Crimes
- Pakistan's President Visits China
- 3 Die in Indian Kashmir Protests
- China Rejects Criticism Over Jailing of US Citizen
- Major Parties Toughen Asylum Policies as Australian Election Looms
- Iran Says Ready for September Talks if Conditions Met
- Tens of Thousands Attend Funeral for Lebanese Cleric
- BP Oil Spill Effects Stretch from Texas to Florida
|By KO HTWE|
|The National League for Democracy delivers a letter of complaint to Burma’s election commission about the use of its farmer's hat symbol by the breakaway National Democratic Force party.|
|By WAI MOE|
|The Burmese junta's Secretary 1 visits Beijing and tells Chinese officials that Napyidaw is striving towards “democracy, national stability and development.”|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Trading at the Rangoon bean and pulse market is halted and some traders are questioned by authorities after prices fluctuate wildly due to futures market price manipulation.|
|By ZARNI MANN|
|A special court in Rangoon's Insein Prison will try Phyo Wai Aung starting July 14.|
|By KO HTWE|
|University examinations in Burma will be held in August, one month earlier than usual this term because of the national elections.|
|By KHET HTAN|
|All first-year medical university students from the University of Medicine-1 in Rangoon are to be relocated next year to Lewe near Naypyidaw.|
All Mon Regions Democracy Party rolls out platform
The All Mon Regions Democracy Party formed on April 7 plans to take part in ...
Interview with Robert Goebbels, member of the European Parliament
Robert Goebbels, a member of the European Parliament (EP) from Luxembourg,...
Former USDP organiser forms Kachin party
Members of the Kachin ethnic minority who belonged to the junta’s nationalist social ...
NLD branches join row over party emblem
At least eight branches of the National League for Democracy have joined the row ...
ILO aids child soldier but many march on
Young Thu Zin Oo made his daily trip across the Pun Hlaing River from ...