Experts say up to 8,000 Muslim men and boys were executed by Serb forces at several locations near Srebrenica in July 1995Full story »
More Top News
- Insurgent Attacks Kill 11 Afghan Police, District Chief
- Tensions Rise as Gaza Aid Ship Leaves Greek Port
- Japan Ruling Coalition Loses Seats in Upper House
- BP Says Progress Made on New Oil Leak Cap
- Red Cross: Crucial to Provide Sanitation to Haiti Earthquake Victims
- China Confirms It Renewed Google's License
- Controversial Australian Web Filter Plan Put On Hold
- Germany Finishes Third at World Cup in South Africa
- China's Trade Surplus Rises to Record $20 Billion
- Germany Takes 3rd Place in World Cup
|By LESTER R BROWN|
|The bicycle alleviates congestion, lowers air pollution, reduces obesity, increases physical fitness, does not emit climate-disrupting carbon dioxide, and is priced within the reach of the billions of people who cannot afford a car.|
|By WAI MOE|
|An announcement published in the state-run media claims the National Health Department has found no evidence of the plague in dead rats taken from areas considered at risk.|
|By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS|
|A new party formed by renegade members of detained opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi's disbanded party has received a permit to participate in Burma's first elections in two decades, state media reports.|
|By EDITH M LEDERER|
|The UN Security Council condemns a deadly attack on a South Korean warship that killed 46 sailors and pointed a finger toward North Korea but didn't directly blame the reclusive communist nation.|
|By WITHAYA HUANOK|
|A visitor to Rangoon doesn't have to look too deeply to find that beneath the deluded pride of Burma's rulers lies a shameful legacy of neglect.|
Rangoon East District municipal committee is to file cases against 10 central ..
Northern battalion arms depot explodes, panicking villagers
Massive blasts from shells exploding at an army ordnance depot in Kachin State ...
Naypyidaw plague and dengue outbreaks infect troops, children
Outbreaks of plague and dengue fever are spreading through military units ...
Political parties open to forming alliances in run-up to polls
Five political parties are trying to build a political alliance as a part of their ...