Several tanks were stationed near Cairo's Tahrir Square as thousands of anti-government protesters gathered there and built barricadesFull story » | Listen | Comment
- US Urges Quick Action for Citizens Wishing to Leave Egypt
- Competing Protests Begin in Yemeni Capital
- EU Ministers Visit Tunisia
- Indonesian Evacuees Leave Cairo, Arrive in Jakarta
- Australia Begins Assessing Destruction from Cyclone Yasi
- Pakistan Court Extends Detention of US Diplomat
- Haiti Announces Manigat-Martelly Runoff
- Venezuela's Chavez Marks 12 Years in Power
- India, Afghanistan Talks Focus on Economics, Climate
- China Welcomes Year of the Rabbit
- US Decries Use of 'Thugs' Against Egyptian Protesters
Opponents of Egypt's President Mubarak go on the offensive, pushing counter-demonstrators out of side streets around Cairo's main square.
- Viewpoint: Mubarak tactics
- Tahrir Square clashes map
- Are uprisings a ripple of Iran in 1979?
- Egypt 'hijacked Vodafone'
- Britons set to return to UK
- Hewitt: Europe wobbles on Egypt
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Tin Aung Myint Oo has received one of Burma's highest medals for valor, but few expect him to have the courage to reveal the extent of his wealth.|
|By SAI ZOM HSENG|
|Many Shans welcomed news that one of their own has been elected vice-president, but others are less than happy with the fact that he represents the junta's proxy party.|
|By BA KAUNG|
|All hopes of at least one vice-presidency going to an opposition MP were dashed today, after the junta's proxy party claims two and military appointees prepare to pick a third.|
|By KO HTWE|
|Some 500 youths from across Burma who are involved in social and humanitarian work will meet Suu Kyi at her party's second youth conference next week in Rangoon.|
A meeting of both houses of Parliament on Tuesday submitted a list of vice president nominees ...
Lawmaker to introduce amnesty motion for Burmese exiles
Thein Nyunt, a Lower House member of Parliament from Thingangyun Township in Rangoon Division, ...
Most reporters leave Naypyidaw, return home
Most of the reporters who steamed into Naypyidaw to cover the opening of the National Parliament have ...
New Zoo to open in Naypyidaw on Union Day
A new zoo, called Safari Garden, will open with jeep and bus tours and entertainment in Naypyidaw on ...
Thein Sein and Sai Mauk Kham elected as vice presidents
Thein Sein and Sai Mauk Kham, two lawmakers of the Union Solidarity and Development Party (USDP), ...