Thousands of troops have taken control of southern Maguindanao province to crack down on the powerful Ampatuan clan
Authorities say the bomber blew himself up Monday after security officials stopped him from entering a courthouse in Peshawar
Witnesses say hundreds of police used batons and tear gas to disperse demonstrators gathered in the streets of central Tehran
More Top News
- US Diplomat Arrives in Seoul Ahead of Talks in Pyongyang
- US Officials: No Swift Exit from Afghanistan
- Iraq's Parliament Approves Election Law
- Iran's Supreme Leader Blames West for Student Protests
- US Envoy in South Korea on Way to Pyongyang
- Bolivia's President Easily Wins Re-election
- US National Security Adviser: 'Clock is Ticking' on Iran
- Obama Rallies Democratic Senators on Health Care Reform
- Israel Says Settlement Freeze Proves it Wants Peace
- US and Russian Officials Work on New Arms Control Treaty
- Russian Nightclub Fire Kills Over 100; Two Arrested
- India's Singh to Join Other World Leaders at Copenhagen Climate Talks
Denmark's PM describes the UN climate summit in Copenhagen as an "opportunity the world cannot afford to miss".
'Tear gas' at Iran protest rally
Iranian police move to disperse opposition supporters in central Tehran ahead of an officially sanctioned rally, witnesses say.
Day of mourning over Russia fire
Russia is holding a day of mourning for the 112 people killed when fire ripped through a nightclub in the city of Perm.
7 December 2009: Burmese authorities had barred a prominent Chin politician from appearing at a pre-arranged public speaking engagement during the gathering of students in Chin State. The move was the latest in a continuing attempt by the military regime to silence dissidents’ voice ahead of the planned 2010 polls.Read more...
Indian Minister for External Affairs (MEA) S.M Krishna will commence a three-day visit to Burma, on Wednesday for a multilateral meeting to be held in capital Naypyitaw. MEA officials told......
A Burmese delegation led by Prime Minister Thein Sein will travel to Denmark to attend the COP 15 or United Nations Conference on Climate Change in Copenhagen from December......
Editorial, Opinion and Analysis
(Book review) Some dozen years ago I found myself sharing in the daily labors of the residents of a sea-swept monastery in the southern Burmese coastal town of ...Sharing the scholarship programmed for Burmese people