There have been a series of recent attacks targeting trucks carrying supplies for troops battling Taliban militants across the borderFull story » | Watch | Comment
More Top News
- Bomb Explosion Near Bangkok Adds to Political Uncertainty, Tension
- Niger Delta Militants Deny Involvement in Nigeria Bombing
- Lula's Legacy Lives On In Brazil
- American, 2 Japanese Win Nobel Chemistry Prize
- Report Finds Brazil Ranks First in Resource Transparency
- German Militants Training in Afghanistan, Pakistan
- Times Square Bomber Receives Life Sentence
- Israel Expels Irish Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- Thai Court Clears Way to Extradite Alleged Arms Dealer to US
- Babangida Campaign Director Questioned About Nigeria Bombing
|By LAWI WENG|
|Members of Burmese junta's proxy party break the election law with impunity, using state property and giving out cheap loans.|
|By HTET AUNG|
|Scholars, academics and Burma experts weigh in on Burma's upcoming election and the prospects for democratic change in the country.|
|By KO HTWE|
|At least 36 drowned after a boat overturned in the Irrawaddy Delta on Wednesday morning.|
|By SAW YAN NAING|
|About 500 Yuzana Company employes in the Hugawng Valley, Kachin State, receive military training by the Burmese army.|
|By ALEX ELLGEE|
|The flight status monitor for the Burmese cadets revealed their destination. It read: “MOSCOW, RUSSIA—on time—Gate No.2.”|
|By LAODE MURSIDIN|
|The number of people killed by floods and landslides across Asia climbs to more than 100.|
General and Than Shwe confidant to head military-run conglomerate
Former Coastal Region Command chief Khin Zaw Oo, who is on Britain’s financial sanctions ...
A close friend of Burma withdraws from public life
The cause of democracy for Burma is not short of proponents, but few can be said to carry a better ...
Pegu official’s office bombed
A bomb was detonated last night in a ward peace and development council office ...
Arakanese abbot handed eight years in jail on sex charges
Arakanese abbot and historian Ashin Pyinnya Sara yesterday received eight years and ...
Student unions condemn 'unlawful' arrest of activists urging poll boycott
The All Burma Federation of Student Unions yesterday condemned the unlawful arrest of ... Junta crony uses influence to cut voters’ power bills
Burmese junta crony businessman Htay Myint has reached a price-cutting deal with ...