The president is starting a three day visit to India aimed at deepening economic, trade and security ties.Full story »
- Pakistan Suicide Bombing in Mosque Kills at Least 71
- Indonesia's Merapi Eruption Declared a National Disaster; Death Toll Tops 100
- Burma's Elections Undemocratic But May Offer Some Change
- Hurricane Tomas Lashes Haiti with Wind, Rain
- Business Deals Inked as France Tries to Woo China
- Activists Do Not Ensure Peaceful Demonstrations During G20 Summit
- UN: More Than 13 Million Children Internally Displaced Worldwide
- Fed Easing Prompts Further Currency Concern, Skepticism in Asia
- NASA Spacecraft Reveals Comet Close-Up
- Guinea Prepares for Sunday's Presidential Election
- Analysis: Many questions for Obama
- Indian Americans on life in US
- India eyes 'mutual benefit'
- India-US trading defies downturn
2010-11-05Ahead of Burma polls, ex-First Lady Laura Bush asks the world to speak up on the absence of reforms in that country.
Engagement, US economy front Obama’s Asia trip
As Burmese go to the polls on Sunday, US President Barack Obama will be in the middle of a 10-day ...
Ethnic alliance marches towards a ‘federal army’
Six armed ethnic groups that formed an alliance this week against the Burmese Army amid fears of ...
Noted film director, 58 succumbs to liver disease
Prominent Burmese movie director Tin Than Oo, 58, who made the controversial movie Lotus Blooming ...UN commission of inquiry goal sees fresh setback
The realisation of a UN commission of inquiry into crimes against humanity in Burma took another hit ...
British envoy: junta elections defy all EU fairness criteria
Officially, the British government is taking a “wait-and-see” posture on the outcome of Burmese elections ...