Officials say the female bomber detonated an explosive belt Monday in the middle of the crowd of pilgrimsFull story »
More Top News
- Ban Says Solution on Cyprus Within Reach
- US Military to Resume Medical Evacuation Flights from Haiti
- At Least 8 Killed in Mogadishu Fighting
- Gadhafi Blasts AU as He Steps Down as Chairman
- Afghan President Calls for Reconciliation with Taliban
- New Management Team Vows to Rescue Japan Airlines
- Child Brides in Yemen Seek Legal Protection
- US Reportedly Beefing Up Defenses in Persian Gulf
- Beyonce, Taylor Swift Dominate Grammys
- Pakistan Army Investigates Report Mehsud is Dead, Taliban Denies Report
- Russia's Lukoil Wins Iraqi Contract to Develop Major Oil Field
Israel reveals it has reprimanded two officers over an artillery attack in Gaza in which white phosphorus was used.
Iraqi female bomber kills dozens
At least 41 people are killed and more than 100 injured in a suicide bomb attack on Shia pilgrims in north-east Baghdad.
Somali Islamists 'join al-Qaeda'
Somali Islamist rebel group al-Shabab confirms for the first time that its fighters are aligned with al-Qaeda's global campaign.
|By ALBERTO TURLON|
|In the absence of results from engagement with the Burmese regime, the UN remains the best hope for change in Burma.|
|By SAW YAN NAING|
|Top Burmese generals and KIO leaders fail to bridge differences on the regime's border guard force order|
|By BA KAUNG|
| Burma's military authorities try unsuccessfully to pressure Min Ko Naing and Ko Ko Gyi into accepting the government's election process in return for their release. |
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
| The 2009 Padoh Mahn Sha Award has been given to Saw Nyunt Win for his community work |
|By SAW YAN NAING|
| Nine Burmese job seekers have been killed by unknown gunmen near the Thai-Burmese border town of Mae Sot. |
|By WAI MOE|
| The Chinese ambassador to Burma met with a Burmese minister on Friday as the junta renews efforts to persuade cease-fire groups to accept its Border Guard Force plan. |
|By LAWI WENG|
|A Mon leader rallies a crowd to oppose the Burmese military regime at a Mon National Day festival.|
Electoral preparations dominating junta actions
Although there is as yet no election date set, campaigning by supporters of the junta is in full ...
| ‘I quit the army because I’m not proud’|
Feb 1, 2010 (DVB)–A Burmese junior officer has blamed government policy after deserting the army and fleeing to a location on the Thai-Burmese border. - more
| Bomb discovered near Wa office|
Feb 01, 2010 (DVB)–A bomb was discovered near the office of a major ceasefire group and defused last week – while plotters are still at large, according to local sources. - more