At least five people killed after car bomb exploded and militants stormed building in KunduzFull story »
More Top News
- Hamas Declines Israeli Offer for Prisoner Swap
- Obama: Economy Headed in Right Direction
- Clinton Begins Five-Nation Central Europe-Caucasus Trip in Kyiv
- China Tightens Xinjiang Security, Targets Tibetan Environmentalist
- Obama Signs Tough, New Iran Sanctions Legislation
- Obama Calls For US Immigration Reform
- Top Suspect in Rwandan Genocide Arrested
- Alleged Russian Spies Mixed Old, New Technologies
- US Envoy Meets Palestinian President in West Bank
- New Afghan War Commander Reports Progess Against Taliban
|By NAYEE LIN LATT|
|Buyers snap up 2,100 lots of jade at a special gems emporium at the Myanmar Convention Center in Rangoon.|
|By WAI MOE|
|The forming of a new Kachin party indicates the USDA will back pro-junta ethnic parties at the expense of those loyal to cease-fire groups.|
|By LAWI WENG|
|Secret peace talks between the Karen National Union and the Democratic Karen Buddhist Army were held in Kanchanaburi Province in Thailand.|
|By KO HTWE|
|Strict censorship of political party news by Burma's press censorship board causes one party to rethink its decision to compete in the election.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|The Burmese Election Commission has yet to approve the Kachin State Progressive Party (KSPP) to contest in the election. Irrawaddy correspondent Ko Htwe interviews KSPP leader Dr. Manan Tuja.|
|By ROBIN McDOWELL|
|Glaciers worldwide are in retreat, with major losses already seen across much of Alaska, the Alps, the Andes and numerous other ranges. What makes Puncak Jaya different is just how little is known about it.|
Jailed student union leader treated for eye condition
A political prisoner and leader of the 2007 generation All Burma Federation of ...
ILO aids child soldier but many march on
Young Thu Zin Oo made his daily trip across the Pun Hlaing River from ...
World Cup fever leaves lottery retailers out of play
State lottery ticket sales have been falling since last week amid the distraction of ...
Indian donates transformers to aid Nargis-hit Rangoon
India’s government has donated power transformers to Burma, according to ...
All Mon Regions Democracy Party rolls out platform
The All Mon Regions Democracy Party formed on April 7 plans to take part in ...