Pyongyang says US and South Korea's plans to hold joint military exercises pose a major danger to the regionFull story »
More Top News
- Admiral Mullen: Afghanistan Can 'Turn' by Obama Deadline
- Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan Kills 2 Coalition Members
- Top US Officer to Discuss Pakistan, Afghanistan in New Delhi
- In Vietnam, Clinton Hails Relations, Cites Human Rights Concerns
- Lebanon to Raise Israeli Spy Accusations at UN
- Cambodian Anxiety Peaks Ahead of Khmer Rouge Verdict
- Rights Group Cites Chinese Brutality in 2008 Tibetan Protests
- Iraqi Mosque Bombing Kills 15
- Obama Signs US Financial Reform into Law
- Storm Might Delay Gulf of Mexico Oil Well Fix
|By MATTHEW LEE|
|US Secretary of State warns Burma's military rulers against any cooperation with North Korea on a nuclear program and called on the junta to hold free and fair elections this year.|
|By KO HTWE|
|Burma's Union Solidarity and Development Party is reportedly conducting its own census in an apparent effort to influence the result of the general election.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Burma positions a new air defense missile battalion close to the southern Thailand-Burma border.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Mutually conflicting schedules with Burmese leaders has caused the Thai PM to cancel his second planned trip to Burma.|
|By SAI ZOM HSENG|
|Electricity distribution from Burma's Shweli Hydro-power Dam No. 1 in northern Shan State has not benefited local residents.|
|By KAY LATT|
|Six years ago before an Asia-Europe Meeting meeting in Hanoi, Nguyen Dy Nien, then Vietnam's foreign minister, promised that “Asean is trying to democratize Myanmar.”|
A National League for Democracy member of parliament elected in Burma’s annulled ...
India to keep silent on 2010 election, opposition says
The Indian government will be tight lipped regarding the upcoming 2010 Burmese ...Education ministry urges student support for junta-backed parties
The Education Ministry has urged students to vote for junta-backed parties in this year’s ...
USDP 'violating electoral law in poaching rival party members'
The Rangoon-based Union Democracy Party (UDP) alleges the Union Solidarity and ...Arakan State forced to import potatoes in wake of flooding
Flood affected areas of Arakan State in western Burma have been forced to import ...