Officials say the floods have killed at least 1,600; crisis affecting some 13 million peopleFull story »
More Top News
- Rights Commission: Afghan War Kills 1,325 Civilians This Year
- 127 Dead, 2,000 Missing in China Landslides
- 10 Killed in Car Bomb Blasts in Iraq
- Kurdish Rebels Kill 3 Turkish Soldiers
- South Korea Says North Seizes Fishing Boat
- 8 Westerners on Medical Team Killed in Afghanistan
- Wildfires Continue to Rage Across Russia
- Russia 'Dissatisfied' With US Weapons Actions
- Fidel Castro Appears in Cuban Parliament for First Time in Years
- Aid Ship Arrives Back in Turkish Port
Rain adds to Pakistan flood woes
More heavy rain in Pakistan is frustrating efforts to help millions affected by devastating flooding in much of the country.
PM fails to convince
Prime Minister Abhisit talked with them at length, but hardline activists said they would resume public protests on the Cambodian temple issue.
By THE IRRAWAD
The Burmese border town of Myawaddy is tense following a bomb blast that comes just one day after a failed attempt to assassinate senior Burmese military officials.