Hillary Clinton returns to Washington, and while there was no statement, Palestinian President Abbas says negotiations are essentialFull story » | Listen | Comment
More Top News
- Pope Expresses Shock, Sadness Over Sex Abuse Scandal
- Pope Benedict Arrives in Britain for State Visit
- 10 Killed in Southeast Turkey Blast
- Taliban Threatens Violence During Afghan Vote
- Tensions on Korean Pennisula Seen as Softening
- Australian FM Warns of 'Horrendous' Humanitarian Disaster in Pakistan
- Taiwan Will Deploy Missiles, Despite Improved Relations With China
- Palestinian Residents Say Peace Only Possible Without Jewish Settlers
- Cambodia War Crimes Court Indicts Former Khmer Rouge Leaders
- Anti-US Protest Turns Violent in Afghanistan
- Pakistan's Musharraf Attempts Political Comeback
French President Nicolas Sarkozy denounces as "outrageous" comments by an EU commissioner criticising France's deportation of Roma.
|By KO HTWE|
|Burma's Election Commission has rejected the applications of 14 former Kachin Progressive Party members who applied to run as individuals.|
|By WAI MOE|
|Senior officials of the Burmese military regime who are running for office under the USDP banner will be concentrated in Rangoon Region constituencies.|
|By LAWI WENG|
|Relatives of the victims in the Pegu shooting remain uncertain what legal proceedings are being taken against the soldiers who executed the two young men.|
|By SOPHENG CHEANG|
|Cambodia's UN-backed genocide tribunal indicts the four top surviving leaders of the Khmer Rouge regime blamed for 1.7 million deaths in the 1970s, paving the way for the panel's long-awaited second trial next year.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Two youth were shot dead execution style in Pegu after an argument with Burmese army officers. The Irrawaddy talks to the aunt of one of the victims.|
|By BA KAUNG|
|Recently retired Burmese generals Shwe Mann and Tin Aung Myint Oo have been approved to run as USDP candidates in Naypyidaw.|
(Interview) Most of the 47 candidates submitted by the Democratic Party (Myanmar) led by Thu Wai ...
UN chief has ‘some concern’ over NLD, critics seek more
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon “notes with some concern” the Burmese junta electoral watchdog’s ... No justice in our country, Kachin party leader says
(Interview) The largest party in Kachin State had its run for power effectively halted only months into ...
NLD leader Tin Oo to visit Singapore for eye surgery
National League for Democracy vice-chairman Tin Oo is to have eye surgery in Singapore by the end of ...
KNU to observe ceasefire for world day of peace
The Karen National Union announced today it will observe a one-day unilateral ceasefire on September ...