Officials say they could start pulling miners to surface in coming daysFull story » | Comment
More Top News
- Karzai, Petraeus Visit South Afghanistan
- Pakistan to Reopen Supply Route for NATO Forces
- WWF: Toxic Sludge Leaking for Months in Hungary
- Iran Says October, November Good Time for Nuclear Talks
- Arab League Gives Mideast Talks One-Month Reprieve
- Sudan 'Fully Committed' to On-Time Referendum
- Mystery Continues to Surround UAE Blackberry Deal
- International Climate Change Meeting Ends With Little Progress
- Obama: Best Education is Economic Imperative for US Children
- How the miners will be rescued
- In pictures: Mine breakthrough
- Chile mine: Rescue day operation
- Miner's family's diary
|By ANTOANETA BECKER|
|The awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to imprisoned Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo has outraged Beijing, which has recently stepped up its diplomatic efforts in Europe.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Days of heavy rainfall covering much of the country have caused severe flooding and landslides and left nearly a dozen people dead and thousands homeless.|
|By BA KAUNG|
|Khin Maung Swe, the leader of the National Democratic Force, denies links to a regime-affiliated NGO and says his party is willing to disband if Aung San Suu Kyi asks it to after she is released.|
|By DAVID WIVELL|
|The world's newest Nobel Peace Prize winner remains unreachable in a Chinese prison, while his wife's mobile phone was cut off and the authoritarian government continued to censor reports about democracy campaigner Liu Xiaobo's honor.|
|By WILLIAM BOOT|
|Trade and investment with Burma should remain cut until the military regime ends all forms of forced labor and restores human rights, said the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC).|
|By THANYARAT DOKSONE|
|Accused Russian arms trafficker Viktor Bout files a last-ditch appeal to try to stall his extradition to the United States, where he faces terrorism charges.|
Six Rangoon-based political parties have agreed to increase co-operation ahead of ...
Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo awarded Nobel Peace Prize
Jailed Chinese dissident Dr. Liu Xiaobo has been named winner of the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize, the Norwegian ...
Lecturer's widow hit with brick during robbery bid
The widow of deceased writer Tetkatho (university) Phone Naing remained in hospital tonight with head ...
Writer Aung Thin continues to wait for overdue passport
A writer in his 80s often critical of the Burmese ruling junta in public talk shows is still waiting for ...
Storm may move towards Arakan State, scientist says
A tropical storm in the Bay of Bengal that has caused massive flooding along the Bangladeshi coast might ...