Free less than a week, Aung San Suu Kyi is mounting a legal challenge to restore her National League for DemocracyFull story » | Comment
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi Requested donation for AIDS Vitim (Sound file ) (By Saffron mail letter's reporter)
- Afghanistan War Hero Receives Medal of Honor
- UN: Millions of North Koreans Continue to Face Food Shortages
- Gates Says Sanctions Cause Iranian Rift, Opposes Military Strike
- Amnesty Urges Egypt to Investigate Alleged Police Killing
- Thailand Extradites Alleged Russian Arms Dealer to US
- Aung San Suu Kyi Seeks Re-instatement of Opposition Party
- China Confident Burma Will Remain Stable
- Tensions High in Guinea After Presidential Vote
- British Government Pays Compensation to Former Guantanamo Detainees
- Britain's Prince William Proposes With Princess Di's Ring
|By ALEX ELLGEE|
|An Irrawaddy reporter speaks to rural people in Karenni State and discovers the general election is the last thing on their minds.|
|By SAI ZOM HSENG|
|Mae Tao Clinic in Mae Sot, Thailand, will move to a new location because of financial challenges.|
| NEWS ANALYSIS |
|In the seven years that she has been under house arrest, Aung San Suu Kyi has missed many developments in modern communications. Now she's eagerly catching up with the rest of the world.|
|By KO HTWE|
|Aung San Suu Kyi visits an HIV/AIDS “safe house,” where residents say they gained strength and encouragement from her presence.|
|By SAW YAN NAING and BA KAUNG|
|While the US and European nations welcome the Nobel laureate's release from house arrest, Beijing maintains a pragmatic silence.|
|By LAWI WENG|
|The Election Commission refuses to investigate claims of fraudulent advance voting.|
NDF chief ‘ready to work with Aung San Suu Kyi’
Khin Maung Swe, leader of the National Democratic Force, told Mizzima he was delighted pro-democracy ...
70pc of Cyclone Giri’s victims still lack basics
Cyclone-Giri-2sBasic food and shelter is lacking for 70 per cent of residents in areas of Arakan State ...
A new programme needed for long term benefit
(Editorial) The release of democracy icon Aung San Suu Kyi from house arrest was an auspicious moment. While her release may...
Parties decry cost to lay electoral fraud charges
Political parties are making efforts to expose the junta’s electoral fraud since its watchdog, ...
The Lady meets the press, ‘release is unconditional’
(Interview) Aung San Suu Kyi confirmed yesterday that her release from house arrest on Saturday ...
‘Work in unison’
(Commentary)“People must work in unison. Only then can we achieve our goals,” the BBC quoted ...