President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the resolution adopted by the U.N. Security Council is of no valueFull story »
More Top News
- Suicide Blast Kills 40 at Afghan Wedding
- US Lowers Expectations for Quick Success in Taliban Stronghold
- Obama to Meet Oil Spill Victims' Families
- China Denies Reversal Over Iran Sanctions
- S. Korean General Arrested for Leaking Battle Plans
- Clinton in Barbados for Caribbean Dialogue
- UN Security Council Adopts Tough New Round of Iran Sanctions
- Obama says UN Vote Unmistakable Message to Iran to Change Course
- Obama Calls for Better Approach to Gaza Strip
| As president, we will be in a position to effect the necessary changes. With the backing of the people, I don't think anything is impossible. |
— Benigno Aquino III, proclaimed president of the Philippines
|By WAI MOE|
|Is the Burmese regime using its putative nuclear weapons program to force the world to engage with it on its own terms?|
|By WAI MOE|
|Non-state-owned gas stations open in Burma for the first time in nearly 50 years, amid concerns about the impact of a recent wave of privatization favoring junta cronies.|
|By SAW YAN NAING|
|Vijay Nambiar, the special adviser on Burma to the UN secretary-general, is due to discuss Burmese issues with the Singaporean government on Thursday.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|A US assistant secretary of state will visit the Thai-Burmese border town of Mae Sot to study the situation of Burmese refugees there.|
|By LAWI WENG|
|Commodity prices rise sharply in northern India after Naga protesters block two vital highways connecting Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Mizoram for two months.|
Four arrested for Kunchankone robbery
Four people have been arrested on suspicion of masterminding the armed robbery ...US Burma policy 'frozen' by N Korea allegations: Webb
Following last week’s abrupt cancellation of his Burma trip, Senator Jim Webb has written ...
Commission of inquiry inches closer to realization
The formation of a United Nations commission of inquiry into alleged crimes against ...
Arakanese allege bias at UN Malaysia refugee office
More than 50 Arakanese held a protest outside the UN refugee organisation’s office ...
Sim-card sales drop almost 50pc
Sales of single-use prepaid Sim cards have plunged around 50 per cent, a result ...