Iran's military displayed the drone at a ceremony attended by President Mahmoud AhmadinejadFull story » | Comment
More Top News
- Pakistanis Flee As More Towns Flood
- Search Continues for Van Gogh Stolen From Cairo Museum
- Russia Helps Iran Fuel Up First Nuclear Power Plant
- Iran Launches Controversial Bushehr Nuclear Plant
- Palestinians: Israel Must Stop Building for Talks to Work
- US Wants Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Back in Prison
- UN Steps Up Aid Efforts in Flood-Stricken Pakistan
- Pakistani Analysts Respond to Indian Flood Aid with Caution
- Australia Deadlocked After Indecisive National Election
- Haitian Singer Wyclef Jean, 14 Other Candidates Barred from Presidential Vote
|By WAI MOE|
|The Burmese regime has reaffirmed that it will not recognize the United Wa State Army's claims to three townships that it wants to be part of its self-administered territory.|
|By THE IRRAWADDY|
|Still deprived of their livelihoods more than two years after Cyclone Nargis, many in the Irrawaddy delta are turning to the region's mangrove forests for a readily exploitable resource.|
|By WILLIAM BOOT|
|The privatization of Burma’s state-owned assets ahead of the election is a hurried asset-stripping exercise reminiscent of Russia disposing of communism, says The Economist.|
|By GRANT PECK|
|A group of anonymous Internet activists has set up a website to display information about Thailand that comes from the whistle-blower site Wikileaks.|
| NEWS ANALYSIS |
|By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS|
|Victor Bout, the man accused of supplying the weapons for civil wars on three continents, could raise the roof in both Moscow and Washington.|
(Interview) In a social atmosphere often held hostage to competing political agendas, Burma’s ...
Political prisoner denied surgery for 1½ years
Political prisoner Myo Win Wai, who voluntarily worked to collect the dead after ...
Burmese at Thai prawn plant strike against overtime change
Burmese migrant workers held a demonstration this morning at a prawn-processing ...
Burmese cuisine popular but ‘envoys lacked junta support’
Burmese traditional foods were a hit at a recent world food festival held by the Vietnamese government ...
USDP conducts nationwide office-opening ceremonies
The main junta-backed political party conducted an office-opening ceremony at party headquarters ...
NLD officially boycotts polls after strategic talks